Goal: learn how to design and execute a sustainable community project
Approach: joint program between local residents and visitors.
Each group will:
1. Participate in an ongoing project and science lessons
2. Measure and survey impact of project
3. Perform needs assessments to identify problems (and their causes)
4. Brainstorm ideas for solutions to one of the identified needs/problems
5. Evaluate project options in the community and identify best one
6. Design education program (including key lesson plans) and hands-on project; estimate project cost, plan execution, establish metrics of project impact and success. Future groups and local teams will execute approved projects.